I guess I am pretty predictable after all.
The Kruges. Rockin' a bit of mustard, an updo and a red lip. She kinda stole this look from Michelle Williams (HERE) but she wears it better in my opinion
A weird choice I know, especially since she's on a brown carpet and not a red one, but when this photo of ScarJo at a Louis Vuitton event was released a few years ago, I could NOT stop staring at it. I think it's the combo of the tie-dye skirt, mixed with her platinum hair and glowing skin. I think she looks like a Nordic pixie (in the best way possible)
Ahhhh the colour. Something a bit different for Jessica Biel and it really worked with the soft wave in her hair and the minimal black belt.
LOVE everything about it. This hair was perfect for Reese and made her look so young! She could easily be in her early 20's in this outfit. The combo of the red shoes and yellow dress was genius and really stood out amongst the floorlength snore-fest that usually is the Golden Globes.
This was THRASHED by fashion critics and made many a worst-dressed list for the Oscars that year. But personally I pick it as the ULTIMATE in hippy/boho chic. And it's Cameron Diaz. She can pull anything off. The turquoise bracelet, the necklace and scarf as a belt, the sandals, the red toenails....PARFAIT. I would wear this even knowing the negative reaction it incited.
Kate Hudson was made for dresses like this. I adore the fabric and the cut (good for people with small boobs and boyish figures)
A quite recent photo of Gwyneth doing 60's retro. The colour, again, was what got me about this look, but also the fact that she's getting older but hasn't lost the confidence to wear things like this.
I cannot credit Eva Mendes for this look, as I saw the "Rachel Zoe Project" episode in which Rachel planned this outfit to the most minute detail, and all Eva contributed was a last minute phone call complaining about a tiny mark on the ruffle which turned out to be no big deal. So Rachel Zoe....YOU SHUT IT DOWN. Eva...you wore it...good...and stuff...
Camilla Belle, you often get it oh-so-right. This was one of those times. You also rocked it AGAIN at the Met Ball this year, but this one made it on my list because of the colour, one of my all-time favourites to look at and wear. Pretty Pretty Pretty.
If you read my blog regularly then this one really needs no explanation. And I do love a good turquoise necklace.
Antoher Rachel Zoe creation which I feel I LIVED through...Rachel had to ask KARL LAGERFELD to alter THIS Chanel design to be more digestable to the mass public. And thank God for Rachel...it worked, and then some. The only thing I don't like is the shoes but I'll live.
This may be my favourite red carpet look of ALL TIME. Big statement. Once again, a Zoe camp creation. Combining the fuschia with the turquoise is enough to make me scream out loud for an extended period of time in pure fashion ecstasy. Just flawless.
This is just quite simply an incredibly beautiful dress. And it does help that it's worn by an incredibly beautiful Penelope Cruz, I guess.
Gisele ventured out to the Oscars as the date of Leonardo Dicaprio. As if that's not enough to make me feel incredibly jealous, she has to do so with tumbling, sunkissed princess hair and the perfect relaxed, yet elegant, evening gown. Die.
When I think red carpet, this is what I think. Heidi went all out and I respect that.
Art-deco chic. Reminds me of a Manning Cartell dress I bought about 3 years ago and then returned. Which of course makes me regret returning it. Oh fashion regrets....I have many.
As I said earlier, Kate Hudson was made for boho-chic. This is similar to the other dress but I like it better because the cut is slightly more feminine and her hair is more suited to it.
Jalba preggers in Narcisco Rodriguez. A match made in heaven.
Kind of looks like a younger, prettier, more girly version of Penelope's dress above. Olivia Wilde looks like brunette barbie
Mary-Kate looks a bit like a gold-dipped bag woman, but Ash more than makes up for it with her Elizabeth Hurley-STYLE cut out dress, big eyebrows and natural make-up. She looks healthy and grown-up.
Charlize always rocks the red carpet. She's just so beautiful and in pale gold she looks so sunkissed and classic and elegant. If you haven't already...check her out in Brandon Flowers' video clip for "Crossfire". Seriously cool concept/song.
Finishing with a bit of Miles at the Oscars. Babe-in. And she knows it.
I hope you enjoyed this giant list....comments/criticisms are more than welcome.





















No comments:
Post a Comment