26.2.10

4th favourite editorial of all time

Oh Gisele. You really are one of a kind. Only you could enter a soccer pitch with a team of large, soccer-playing men, and actually look like you belong there....whilst still looking incredibly stylish. I don't know if you've ever even played soccer before, but you are very convincing as the only-female-on-the-team-who-insists-on-playing-in-designer-dresses-but-can-hold-her-own-against-the-boys.
This shoot is a prime example of my earlier claim that Gisele may have been a contortionist in a former life. She has so much movement in every photo. This is from a 2005 issue of US Vogue, which I saved just for these photos. The concept is brilliant, the photos even more so, and Gisele...well....it goes without saying really.

***(for those wondering what this is about...I am counting down my top 10 favourite fashion editorials of all time. stay tuned for the next installment.)

1 comment:

  1. Miesel, US Vogue 05...yep, that goes in my top 10 too! He really is a visionary (and Gisele isn't half bad herself!)

    ReplyDelete