I obsessed over this editorial for months. Personally I think Catherine Mcneil is one of the most beautiful women in the world. She looks like a cat. (but not this kind of cat... http://tinyurl.com/prfnkq ....or this kind of cat... http://tinyurl.com/lh4ofm )
Ok, maybe a cat comparison wasn't the best idea. But she does have a feline-esque vibe about her. Combined with the AMAZING clothes and the Indian setting (a la the Gemma Ward shoot I previously posted), it has this mysterious allure, like Catherine is a Maharani locked away in a big tall tower, lamenting the loss of her social life. When I visited India in January, I discovered that this was actually a likely possibility...apparently it was a bit of a craze there a few hundred years ago to lock your daughters and wives away in pretty buildings (who knew?) What's more, all the Indian women I saw while there actually wore jewelry and face paint like that, so I respect Vogue for being culturally accurate.
Anyway, I just loved how Vogue Australia styed this shoot, and the photos inspired my year eleven formal outfit . But I didn't look anywhere near as good as Catherine.
***(for those wondering what this is about...I am counting down my top 10 favourite fashion editorials of all time. stay tuned for the next installment.)
27.2.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











EXCELLENT choice. colours and shadowing are my favourite thing in this shoot. love your formal outfit!
ReplyDelete