This issue of Vogue Australia sold really well...I think mainly because it featured an article I wrote whilst doing work experience at their Sydney offices. But seriously, I think it sold well because Gemma Ward was at her peak of popularity, the cover was enthusiastically colourful, and people are generally just drawn to pom poms. It's one of my favourites because I love how it captured the "global" trend that was dominating the runways in '07 (mainly at Balenciaga), it was different and refreshing, and the Indian setting was such a huge contrast to anything else Vogue had shot for a long time. I liked it so much, it inspired me to do my own global-style shoot (see "Born Ruffian")
***(for those wondering what this is about...I am counting down my top 10 favourite fashion editorials of all time. stay tuned for the next installment.)
24.2.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





thats my favourite one with gemma ward in it, its so coool
ReplyDeletex