30.3.10

Rant

I was talking to my lovely friend Tori yesterday, and she told me that she loved my blog. I was highly flattered. She then told me that it didn't matter if there were no pictures in my posts, she just liked reading what I wrote. I was even more flattered at this. She told me I should do an "opinion post". Thus, this "opinion post" of "Things I hate" is inspired by and dedicated to the lovely, "so fetch", Victoria Read. Merci, Torrance.

THINGS I HATE (I know...it's a really negative concept. But it's an overcast day in Melbourne so I'm assuming you all feel pretty negative anyway. And it's ok cos I have included pretty pictures that are so high fashion they complement the insults, complaints and general bitchiness I am about to unleash)



1. Smokers. Actually...I don't hate smokers per se, I just hate what they are doing to themselves. If ever any of my friends attempt to smoke I will take the cigarette from their mouth and rip it up (it's harder than it looks). Just don't do it people. Except, I know, it's your life and you have a right to do what you want, but just don't do it around other people (especially babies) because apparently cigarette smoke is ten times worse for passive smokers. I also hate it when the fashion industry glamourises it (eg above) because, really, like most people, if I see someone really attractive doing something, I WANT TO DO IT TOO.


2. People who are cold or stand-offish. I've met quite a few now that I've started uni. And ok, it may have something to do with the fact that I'm like annoyingly over-friendly to people I meet and tend to get over-excited and talk way too much, but that's NO REASON TO SHUT ME DOWN/IGNORE ME/STARE AT ME IN A STRANGE WAY. Make conversation. It's not that hard. (p.s. it was hard to find a photo for this one so you will have to settle for Georgina from Gossip Girl. I think you get the idea)


3. Red meat. I just don't like it. There's nothing wrong with it really. Just don't make me eat it please.


4. Getting older. I don't want to be old. I wouldn't be good at it. I don't even know how to deposit money in my bank account, nor do I understand credit cards. Hence why I carry large amounts of cash around with me (when I have it, that is) because I am scared of using my debit card in stores. I am a freak. But if I have to get old, can my compensation be looking like Elle MacPherson/Meryl Streep/Helen Mirren/Sophia Loren?


5. Guns. Really, is there any need? The only people who should have guns are policemen. The right to bear arms in the US is ridonkulous. I felt constantly on edge whilst over there because I thought I was going to get caught in a drive by. The idea that someone could just randomly shoot you because they are having a bad day frankly scares the beejeebers out of me. Rihanna has used guns quite artistically in her video for "Hard" (seriously an awesome video clip with a wide range of excellent makeup looks)but even then I am against her condoning their use in such an edgy, high fashion way. And can people stop using them against innocent endangered wildlife? Because if all the elephants are killed for their tusks, what will Daria Werbowy hang off half-naked? (see "My favourite editorial of all time" post)


6. People who are sexist/racist/homophobic/extremist/discriminative/prejudiced etc etc. I know it sounds cliched but WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? (I'm reminding myself of the rando chick in "Mean Girls" who just rocks up to the friendship building session and pours her heart and soul out) But seriously, if someone is doing something you don't agree with, as long as it isn't hurting people physically or breaking the law or contibuting to global warming or something, just leave them alone! There's no need to bomb them/defame them/outlaw them/threaten them/glass them/Cronulla-gang-riot them. Yes I am aware that this is in conflict with my previous and subsequent points, but to be fair, smokers are hurting people with their actions, and rude/cold people are just really not helping anybody. I think this photo of Miley Cyrus pretty much says it all. You said it Miles.


7. Vanessa-freaking-Hudgens. Seriously. Who gave ths girl a job? I'm not even one of those people who hates her because she's with Zac Efron (I did have a huge crush on him until my mum met him and told me he would have been about as tall as my chin, at best). I just resent the fact that she's supposed to be a role model for young girls and she's repeatedly taken NAKED/RAUNCHY PHOTOS of herself. Sure, she didn't know they would be published, but she should have thought of that before she stripped down and put her camera on auto-timer. And her laugh is SO ANNOYING and she's often very cold to interviewers (see point 2). If you don't agree with me, I have one word for you..."Sneakernight" (yes, that's technicaly two words by Baby V, being the darling that she is, decided to merge them to create a title for a song that is TRULY HEINOUS, and the video clip even more so. Check it out, at the end there is a prime example of her ear splitting laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRqOjhNN4hQ&feature=PlayList&p=657C506B5125C2FB&index=0&playnext=1 )

Ok, I've officially run out of things to hate an I'm guessinyou've run out of patience. I'll shut up now. I feel much better.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE MILEY MORE THAN WORDS CAN DESCRIBE. SHE'S EARNED A SPOT RIGHT UNDER TAYLOR IN MY RANKINGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i thought it was very appropriate that these ads were displayed next to your latest blog entry -

    Stop Smoking Today
    Want to Know How to Stop Smoking? Information and Advice Online Here!
    www.Quitnow.info.au
    Quit Smoking Acupuncture
    Quit Smoking Within 30 Days! Located In St Kilda, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete